Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Procrastination: One step forward find your muse

It has, obviously, been sometime since my last post. I have been working on a few things. Unfortunately, most of my ideas circulate in my thoughts, and are hesitant to come to life. Most of the time I want to create something so wonderful, amazing, and insightful that will touch someone's heart, but I know the truth. It's all CRAP. Like trying to invent the wheel, everything has been done, so why bother? As part of the art therapy training, we discuss the significance of the individual process. The uniqueness we bring to art making is influenced by the subtleties of our character, by our individual experiences in this world, and by the people in our lives. I try to remember, not everyone will like, or care about what I have to share, but perhaps there is someone who may find joy and pleasure in my little contribution.

My muse for getting over the hump of procrastination is a great creative group I joined,  21 Secrets "an art journal playground." There are 21 amazing artists instructing through this online workshop. This group supports, and encourages you to experiment with materials and processes moving beyond your comfort zone. As I move back and forth through the 21 workshops, sampling the banquet of creative delights, I will post various phases of my creative process. Hopefully, you will be motivated to experiment with your own creativity.

















Here are two more experiments turning 3 little words into something more colorful. Cheers!



No comments: