Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Artist Trading Cards

Collage Unleashed
 I was excited to participate in the Art Therapy Alliance Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) Exchange this August 2010 since I missed out on the the July exchange. An opportunity to make art with a purpose and a deadline. Just the motivation I need! 

As usual, I spend more time thinking about making art than actually working on the various projects I have waiting. I was hoping this little exchange would jump-start me on my goal of a weekly art experiential. 

I can, at least, say that I am looking at art more often with little artist dates to local galleries, or taking out books and videos from the library. I am still greasing my wheels to spend more time on paper with pen or paint, and less time in my head mulling. I'll let you know how my condition of constant pondering changes to action.

Making these mini collages were both stimulating and relaxing. It was exciting getting out my supplies, deciding what to bring to the dining room table or what to leave behind, as well as setting up my work space. All my decisions were made with the gut, what felt right and what produced happiness. Sitting down to finally work was relaxing due to the fact that my mind was not being assaulted by millions of random thoughts. I focused on the task at hand taking pleasure in the quiet, the colors, the feathers, the glitter, the textured papers, the glue, and the water color. Materials that I have carried from home to home, and state to state each time I moved or traveled within the past two years. Yes, I am a closet hoarder of art materials, but who isn't?

No matter, these pieces reflect my joy and the titles reflect the stage of my current transition, getting settled into a new state and the great possibilities for planning a new life. 

Hope you enjoy these little pieces of creative energy.



Energy
Direction
Generosity
Abundance

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love these